Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion
Formulated for even the most sensitive individuals, Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion is designed to deliver magnesium through the skin, direct to the cells.
Rich in organic plant moisturizers including coconut oil and shea butter, this lotion soothes and hydrates without leaving your skin feeling waxy or greasy.
One teaspoon contains approximately 185mg elemental magnesium.
Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion is:
Product Application and Usage
Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion is a smooth, quickly absorbed emulsion of magnesium chloride in a skin-nourishing base of certified organic oils. Ancient Minerals is fragrance free and does not contain any formaldehyde releasing preservatives.
A gentler concentration of magnesium chloride than our magnesium oil or magnesium gel products, Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion supplies therapeutically effective amounts of magnesium to the cells while protecting the most sensitive of skin.
Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion is ideal for addressing skin conditions such as:
Simply apply desired amount into a cupped hand and rub into the skin thoroughly. Repeat as appropriate to treatment regimen, covering any areas needing special attention.
Magnesium Lotion and Your Health
Studies show that most Americans have magnesium deficient diets, with one in five getting less than half the RDA for magnesium in their daily diets.1
Magnesium works within our cells — the powerhouses, factories and regulators of the body’s systems. Its crucial role in over 300 fundamental biochemical reactions affects the brain, the muscles, the heart and blood vessels, and ultimately our overall health and well-being.
Yet magnesium has been placed on the short list of nutrients of concern by the U.S. Department of Health2 due to widespread low intake. While many are aware of the importance of calcium, the parallel and in some ways even more crucial role of magnesium is less widely known.
Dr. Carolyn Dean, M.D., naturopathic doctor, and author of The Magnesium Miracle has said:
The real miracle is that that modern man gets by as well as he does with so little of this essential nutrient. A hundred years ago — before we depleted our soil with greedy agricultural practices — the average person received at least 500 mg of magnesium a day, according to the US Department of Agriculture. Without supplementation, in 2009, even on a pure organic diet, you’re looking at only 150 mg at best. Those on a pure McDonald’s diet may be lucky to get 50 mg. And we may need between 600 and 900 mg… per day!”3
Oral supplementation, on the other hand, encounters difficulties of absorption due to problems in the GI tract. Because all magnesium taken orally is potentially laxative, the ability to absorb magnesium through the GI tract is limited by shortened transit time.
Oral magnesium can be inconvenient as well, due to the amount needed for adequate dosage, and of course the need to swallow large pills. And sufficient magnesium is usually not added to multi-vitamins.
Considering these difficulties, topical magnesium shows clear benefits. Magnesium lotion, the gentlest form of topical magnesium, is:
- Formulated for the most sensitive of individuals
- Delivered through the skin, easily assimilated, and well-tolerated
- Directly available to muscular systems that require magnesium to function
Experts such as Dr. Mark Sircus, Ac. O.M.D., author of the book Transdermal Magnesium Therapy welcome topical magnesium as an exciting new way to enhance your intake. According to Dr. Sircus:
Just applying it to the skin like you would suntan lotion, it goes right through the skin. So, you can put this on the body and combine it with touch, and you’re getting into an area, I call it “magnesium massage”… It’s for me the best way of applying magnesium. ”4
Magnesium Lotion: Bold Health in an Effortless Cream
We introduced our latest product, magnesium lotion, in response to the need for a simple and effective lotion that would combine the easy, everyday ritual of caring for the skin with the important benefits of magnesium. Ancient Minerals Ultra Pure Magnesium Lotion delivers magnesium directly to the cells, while encouraging healthy skin tissue and protecting the most sensitive of skin.
Our complete line of topical magnesium products, including our magnesium bath flakes, magnesium gel, and magnesium oil spray, combine the healing power of the body’s largest organ — the skin — with the life sustaining properties of one of our most vital minerals.
Buy Magnesium Lotion
Ancient Minerals is the #1 doctor-recommended brand.
Get answers to your specific questions. Our expert staff is happy to help!
Need Magnesium? 10 Signs to Watch For
An estimated 75% of Americans’ diets are deficient in magnesium. Are you getting enough?
- King DE, Mainous AG 3rd, Geesey ME, Woolson RF. Dietary magnesium and C-reactive protein levels. Journal Of The American College Of Nutrition. 2005 Jun;24(3):166-71. Available from: MEDLINE with Full Text, Ipswich, MA. Accessed November 6, 2009. [↵]
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Department of Agriculture. Adequate Nutrients Within Calorie Needs. In: Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005. 2005. Available at: http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2005/document/pdf/DGA2005.pdf. Accessed January 28, 2010. [↵]
- Dean C. My 1.2 Trillion Milligram Magnesium Bailout Plan. Dr. Carolyn Dean, MD ND, The Doctor of the Future, Uncensored Natural Health Blog. February 13, 2009. Available at:http://drcarolyndean.com/2009/02/my-12-trillion-milligram-magnesium-bailout-plan/. Accessed October 27, 2010. [↵]
- Sircus M. (Interviewee). Author of Transdermal Magnesium Therapy, Dr. Mark Sircus, on Magnesium Supplements [Video File]. United States: Enviromedica. Oct. 26, 2010. Available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlAKz-uf1iw. Accessed October 29, 2010. [↵]