Learning how to use magnesium oil and transdermal magnesium therapy products is quite simple, but these instructions will help you feel more confident and see results as quickly as possible.
How to Use Topical Magnesium: General Instructions
Ancient Minerals ultra pure magnesium products contain a high concentration of 100% naturally occurring magnesium chloride and other trace minerals, drawn from the ancient Zechstein Sea and applied topically for rapid absorption of magnesium into the cells.
It is preferable to apply Ancient Minerals magnesium to clean skin, as cosmetic products can hinder uptake of magnesium ions by the skin.
When applying magnesium gel or magnesium oil at full strength, avoid direct contact with eyes, mucus membranes, and other sensitive areas such as your face. If redness or irritation occurs, rinse with cool water.
Magnesium Oil and Ultra Oil Application Guide
Ancient Minerals magnesium oil is the gold standard for quick and efficient restoration of intracellular magnesium levels. For ease of use, apply magnesium oil to the skin using a fine-mist spray bottle. To limit overspray, dispense 1-3 sprays into a cupped hand and rub into the skin thoroughly.
- For best results, apply magnesium liberally to clean skin of torso, legs, and arms. Avoid sensitive areas and mucus membranes.
- It is normal to experience a tingling sensation during initial use.
- After application, you may notice a slight salt-like mineral residue remaining when the solution dries. This is normal, especially in dry climates or heated indoor areas, and varies with the amount of magnesium oil applied at one time, as well as skin type.
- Rinse or wipe off after 20 minutes if desired.
- Magnesium Oil: 100mg elemental magnesium per 1ml / 6 sprays
- Magnesium Oil Ultra: 55mg elemental magnesium and 40mg elemental sulfur (from OptiMSM®) per 1ml / 6 sprays
Magnesium Bath Flakes and Ultra Bath Flakes Application Guide
Ancient Minerals bath flakes offer a highly effective, yet calming, means of absorbing magnesium; with the unmatched benefit of an immersive, full body bath or convenient foot soak.
- Dissolve 1-3 cups (or more if desired) of the magnesium flakes into a warm footbath or full tub bath, and soak for 30 minutes or longer.
- Dissolve up to 8 lbs of magnesium flakes in a full tub bath for intense applications.
- Temperature of the water should be warm, but not hot. Hot water causes the skin to eliminate rather than absorb.
- Magnesium Bath Flakes: Approximately 15g elemental magnesium per cup
- Magnesium Bath Flakes Ultra: Approximately 15g elemental magnesium and 3g elemental sulfur (from OptiMSM®) per cup.
Magnesium Lotion and Ultra Lotion Application Guide
Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion is made with only the finest organic ingredients and is a smooth, quickly absorbed emulsion of magnesium chloride with other trace minerals, in a skin nourishing base of certified organic oils. It is fragrance-free and does not contain any formaldehyde releasing preservatives.
- Apply desired amount and massage thoroughly into clean skin.
- We do not recommend applying to freshly shaven skin.
- Magnesium Lotion: 40mg elemental magnesium per 1ml / 1 full pump press
- Magnesium Lotion Ultra: 20mg elemental magnesium and 25mg elemental sulfur (from OptiMSM®) per 1ml / 1 full pump press
Magnesium Lotion Goodnight Application Guide
Ancient Minerals magnesium lotion goodnight is a smooth, quickly absorbed emulsion of magnesium, OptiMSM®, and melatonin, in a skin nourishing base of certified organic oils. It is fragrance-free and does not contain any formaldehyde releasing preservatives.
- Apply desired amount to chest, neck, or abdomen 30 minutes before sleep for best results.
- Magnesium Lotion Goodnight: 25mg elemental magnesium with 3mg melatonin, and 25mg elemental sulfur (from OptiMSM®) per 1 ml / 1 full pump press
Magnesium Gel and Ultra Gel Application Guide
Ancient Minerals magnesium gel is a unique, viscous formulation designed to remain hydrated on the skin.
- Apply desired amount and massage thoroughly onto clean skin.
- If magnesium gel begins to dry during extended use, wet your hands slightly and continue massaging skin to rehydrate.
- Gel will not fully absorb.
- After use, rinse or wipe off with a damp towel.
- Magnesium Gel: 100mg elemental magnesium per 1ml
- Magnesium Gel Ultra: 65mg elemental magnesium and 25mg elemental sulfur (from OptiMSM®) per 1 ml
Frequency of Usage
Generally speaking, Ancient Minerals should be used with intensity during the first 3-4 months in order to ensure proper restoration of cellular magnesium levels.
- It is advisable to begin the first few days of application with modest use, and gradually work up to larger amounts.
- A 3-4 month period of restoration follows, with daily use at individual therapeutic levels.
- After an initial period of restoration, some users continue at these same levels, while others back down to using Ancient Minerals a few times per week.
Recommendations on optimal magnesium intake vary, with recent studies suggesting US RDA values may be insufficient to maintain good health.
This may be especially true for:
- Older adults
- Those with certain conditions or existing chronic health complications
- Those with a history of poor dietary choices
- Women of childbearing age
- Those experiencing emotional or physical stress, or stress caused by illness, injury or surgery
Research over the past 20 years indicates that approximately 300 mg of magnesium is required merely to replace daily losses.
Dr. Shari Lieberman, Certified Nutrition Specialist, FACN, recommends 500-750 mg of magnesium daily for men and women, and 500-1000 mg for those suffering from angina or osteoporosis. 1
One general rule of thumb is a daily intake of magnesium of approximately 3-4 mg per pound of bodyweight. For a 200 lb male, this would equate to 600 mg to 800 mg per day.
Ancient minerals is the #1 recommended brand for transdermal magnesium therapy worldwide. Our magnesium oil, magnesium gel, magnesium lotion and magnesium bath flakes provide a convenient, revolutionary method of re-mineralizing a magnesium-starved body.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Lieberman S, Bruning N. The Real Vitamin & Mineral Book. New York: Avery; 2007.|